Reporting issues when they happen helps make your hosting platform better, and we appreciate the time it takes to give us this information.
Now, a good bug report shouldn't leave others needing to chase you up for more information. Please try to be as detailed as possible in your report.
For most technical or engineering bugs you run into, do let us know:
- what is your environment?
- what steps will reproduce the issue?
- what browser(s) and OS experience the problem?
- what would you expect to be the outcome?
Example: Short and descriptive example bug report title A summary of the issue and the browser/OS environment in which it occurs. If suitable, please include the steps required to reproduce the bug. - This is the first step - This is the second step - Further steps, etc. - a URL link to the reduced test case
Any other information you want to share that is relevant to the issue being reported. This might include the lines of code that you have identified as causing the bug, and potential solutions (and your opinions on their merits). All these details will help people to fix any potential bugs.
OK. To report an attack, compromised system, or other incident activity, use the form below but please DO NOT make it public until we have the time to locate, fix the issue.
Information in your report should include:
- details about your operating environment that might be related to the issue being described
- how the vulnerability can be reproduced
- giving more detail (ex: adding a screenshot and description) helps us find the problem.
- exact cut and pasted error or warning messages
- the shortest, clearest code you can manage to write which reproduces the bug described.
- what impact the vulnerability has on the vulnerable system
- a patch against the latest released version of this distribution which fixes this bug.
- any additional details that might help in the verification process