APPROPRIATE USAGE AS WE UNDERSTAND IT
Hostragon™ web hosting infrastructure is designed to serve the web hosting needs of SMBs (small medium business). It is not appropriate to use our shared hosting services to support large enterprises or internationally based businesses with a sustained demand that places undue burden on our systems or negatively impacts use by small, independently owned and operated businesses.
Our shared web hosting service means that a number of customers' web sites and other email or storage services are hosted on the same server. Hostragon™ uses abuse controls to help ensure that use of our services does not adversely affect the performance of our system or other customers' sites. For an example, it is not appropriate to use an account primarily as an online storage space or for archiving electronic files.
DISK SPACE USAGE
If you use your services consistently with the Terms of Service and these paragraphs, your site can grow as large as necessary to meet your small business needs, but to ensure a great experience for all, we will place some constraints on how fast you can grow. The vast majority of our customers' sites grow at rates well within our rules, but our abuse controls may cause a brief delay while we evaluate if expansion is appropriate for your particular plan.
Hostragon™ customers may not initiate the following listed below. If a customer violates this term, Hostragon™ may terminate the account with no option of refund. Depending on the situation there will/won't be warnings sent before this action is taken.
- customer may not use more of 25% of the system overall CPU resources for longer then 90 seconds or 1% of the servers CPU resources for longer than 5 minutes. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- customer may not use any kind of distributed computing software, including but not limited to SETI@home, Node Zero and Folding@home.
- customer may not run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
- customer may not run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons.
- customer may not run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- customer may not run any file sharing, bit torrent or other P2P network services, client or server software.
- customer may not run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield 1492 etc.
In most cases, if you use our services consistently with our Terms of Service, visitors to your web site will be able to download and view as much content from your site as they like. However, in certain circumstances, our server processing power, server memory, or abuse controls could limit downloads from your site. You will always be able to use as much bandwidth as your account has. Bandwidth is also reset every month.
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.
You do not have to worry about hitting a storage limit if you use our services consistently with the Terms of Service and our acceptable usage policy. Hostragon™ will increase your space along with your appropriate small business needs, but our abuse controls may impact the rate of growth or your folder size, and there may be a short delay while we assess your usage. In some cases, creating additional folders or sub-folders will help ensure that the system works well for everyone. You will always be allowed to use as much disk space is applied to your account.
You may have noticed all of our accounts come with unlimited email accounts, sub-domains, FTP accounts and in some cases domains. This is subject to how much disk space your account has. So you can create as many emails, sub-domains etc as you want as long as it's within your disk space limit.
ILLEGAL, HARMFUL, OR OFFENSIVE USE OR CONTENT
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or Hostragon™ Site for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- illegal, harmful or fraudulent activities: Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming.
- infringing content: Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- offensive content: Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- harmful content: Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancel-bots.
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a System). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access: Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception: Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin: Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them.
Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
E-MAIL OR OTHER MESSAGE ABUSE
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like spam), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
OUR MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Hostragon™ Site. We may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Hostragon™ Site; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services or the Hostragon™ Site.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
REPORTING OF VIOLATIONS OF THIS POLICY
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please follow our abuse reporting process.